Friday, February 4, 2011

Joy of Love-Day 3 and Day 4

While I would love to blog everyday, I'm sure some of you can attest that I would quickly be headed for divorce court.  By the time I get the baby and get home from work, it's after 5. Then it's make dinner, eat, and bathtime or play and then bedtime for him.  Then it's time for Todd and I to discuss the day, and maintain the communication necessary for us to grow as a couple and as parents.  That leaves me with NO time to do much else.  Oh well.

All that to say, I'm going to be combining some days in my photography workshop journey.  Day 3 was "Now and Then".  Now since Leyton was born, most people have said "oh he looks just like Todd."  Come on, people, can't a girl get some love?  I mean, I'm the one who did the work to get him into this world, right?  The truth is, they're right.  He looks like his daddy, and I'm okay with that since I think his daddy is one sharp looking guy!  I thought for today's project I'd do a side by side comparison of baby pictures.  Trying to get Leyton to stop crawling to take a picture these days is another story, but I managed to snap one.  Here they are...what do you think?
Day 3-Now and Then

Leyton-2011

Todd-1979


I'm a pretty lucky gal, that's for sure.  Two cute men in my life.  Photography wise (this is a photography workshop, after all) I am working on using depth of field to add leading lines in my pictures. Just having purchased a new lens (the 50mm 1.4) I feel like sometimes my depth of field is too small, and I only have a nose in focus, or one eye. I have to remember that just because I can open up that much, doesn't mean I have to.

 I must add a little humor though, because I can't resist.  In trying to find a baby picture of Todd, I stumbled upon a book that Todd's Aunt Marjory gave the family.  It included almost every school picture from childhood, as well as a few from his high school graduation party.  Apparently it lost a letter in transit, which I'm sure sums up most husbands (according to their wives) in America!



Todd didn't see the humor in it as much as I did, but I think I was a bit slap happy. 


Day 4-What they Wear

Since I have about an hour of daylight to work with, I captured my day 4 project's pictures this morning before I headed in to the office.  Leyton has several "little man" outfits.  I think I may have overcompensated a bit for not having a girl.  I wanted to capture the things I loved dressing him in before they were retired to Hand-Me-Down Heaven. 






Who can resist those little shoes?  These are the little things that I hope to capture with each child.  When he has huge, smelly, basketball playing, man-feet, I want to remember when I played "Shoo-Wee" with him to make him giggle....the sweetest sound I might have ever heard. 

I'm looking forward to this weekend's assignments, and hopefully having some more time to dedicate to working with my camera manual.  Also, working on a post about Grandma Kelly's 80th birthday!


1 comment:

  1. OH WOW! Sorry sister, there is no mistaking, he looks just like his Daddy!

    ReplyDelete